With the Champs-Élysées of the 2020 Tour de France in sight, team Jumbo-Visma continues its dominating defense of the yellow jersey for team leader Primož Roglič. In one of the most exciting and dynamic Tour’s in recent years, Roglič faces one more test with Saturday’s individual time trial up La Planche-des-Belles-Filles before reaching Paris in yellow.
Stage 20's ITT starts by testing rides on the flat and rolling terrain out of Lure, France, where time trial bikes and aero equipment can significantly impact speed. With 5.9 kilometers to go, the road kicks up and challenges riders to the harrowing climb up La Planche-des-Belles-Filles. With an average gradient of 8.5%, the Category 1 climb finishes by surging to a leg-breaking 20% in the final meters.
Keeping the yellow jersey on the penultimate stage of the Tour will be no easy feat, and every second will matter. That’s why Jumbo-Visma and its team leader will wear Lazer’s new Volante time trial helmet for an unmatched aerodynamic advantage.
“As a team, we are extremely happy to have been able to improve our riders' speed, comfort, and overall performance with the development of the new Lazer Volante Time Trial helmet.” Mathieu Heijboer - Performance Manager, Team Jumbo-Visma. “We’ve been working on this project with Lazer for over two years and have spent long hours in the wind tunnel and in the field in order to create gains in aerodynamics and comfort. Collaborating with us, Lazer developed the perfect combination of performance, comfort, and protection."
When speed is the ultimate target and no advantage is too small, Lazer’s new Volante time trial helmet delivers unmatched technological and aerodynamic advancements for an impressively fast helmet. Taking wind tunnel testing to a new level, Lazer developed a specific method for optimizing the helmet shape using airflow to establish a shape that adapts to any real-world situation for any rider. Developed along with Jumbo-Visma riders such as Roglič and former ITT World Champion Tom Dumoulin, Volante is packed with features. From the new Turnfit® Tilt system to the Aerated X-static padding, the Volante delivers optimal performance from every detail.
Packed with Features
Developed for optimal aerodynamics, the Volante delivers sleek speed from top to bottom. But this state-of-the-art time trial helmet does not sacrifice comfort in its pursuit of speed. Instead, the Volante packs revolutionary technological features with a comfortable structure to maximize performance from every angle.
- Lazer Turnfit® Tilt system: The Turnfit® Tilt system is unique to Lazer and makes it easy to adjust the position of the helmet, even with the fit system tightened. Riders can adjust the fit and then tilt the helmet in the desired position.
- Adjustable head basket: The Adjustable Head Basket allows the back section of the retention system to be adjusted up or down, changing the vertical size of the helmet depending on the rider’s preferences towards comfort.
- Ponytail/Ice stuff box: An open space in the tail part provides room for a ponytail, or to have ice in the helmet to cool down on hot race days.
- Aerated X-Static padding: Anti-microbial padding that helps inhibit the growth of bacteria on fabric with strategically placed holes to allow more airflow into the helmet through the installed padding.
- Magnetic panoramic lens: The panoramic lens provides crystal clear vision and protection. It is designed to integrate perfectly with the helmet for maximum aerodynamic performance. Its magnetic clips make the lens easy to remove and install whenever you need.
Available online at LazerSport.US in early November